How to Properly Use a Retractable Dog Leash ?
1. Make sure your dog is well trained and easily controlled.
2. Check to make sure your dog’s collar or harness fits snugly. Extend the leash with the brake button to attach the metal buckle to the “D-ring” of the collar/harness.
3. Always hold the leash by the handle, NEVER by the belt. Holding the belt while it’s retracting may cause injury.
4. Once attached, extend the leash to a comfortable walking distance.
5. Make sure your dog isn’t so far that you can’t pull them back in a hazardous situation!
6. If your dog gets too far, lock the brake button and lower your arm to your side. While walking, unlock the brake to pick the slack from the leash. Repeat this until your dog is close enough to you.
7. If you think your dog may encounter a hazardous situation, keep your dog close to your side with the brake pressed and the leash extended to only a short length.
8. DO NOT give the leash too much slack. This could harm you and your dog of they decide to bolt off somewhere!
9. If your leash gets wet during your walk, extend the leash to it’s maximum length to let it dry.
10. Let your dog rest during and after your walk if they have to, especially if it’s hot!
11. Above all, make sure to enjoy yourself! This is quality time that you get to spend with your beloved pet.
- Strong nylon lead – It has passed strict tension test. It could restrain dogs from running off and help your dogs avoid some potential danger. The lead itself can hold dogs up to 50kg, but the internal parts can’t. So please lock the lead in time when the whole lead is fully extended to avoid sudden pull breaking the internal parts, which leads to the result that the lead can’t be retracted.
- Long Nylon Tape lead with robust clip. 5m retractable lead gives enough freedom of movement for your dogs.
- 1 button with 3 different functions – Short stop, lock and unlock. Easy to operate with your thumb. Just push the button to short stop the lead retracting and if you want to lock it, push the button forward as well. To unlock, pull the button back.
- Ergonomic & Comfortable rubber grip.
- Please keep the lead away from sharp objects and from the sand and water which would break its internal mechanism. And please prevent your dog from biting the lead.